Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lancome Genifique Eye vs Clinique All About Eyes



About almost a year ago I bought my first Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Eye concentrate taking advantage of the 20% Friends and Family discount on Cyber Monday (the Monday right after Thanksgiving). It was a really good deal, for what I paid for the Geneifique serum and eye concentrate, I could only buy one item in Singapore. Anyway I have almost finished it and so I thought I would do a review and also compare it to Clinique All About Eyes which I received a sample from Nordstrom about 6 months ago.



I didn't wait till now to review this because I wanted to see the full effects of the eye concentrate. I forgot about it!


Lightweight eye cream diminishes the appearance of eye puffs, darkness and fine lines. Non-creep, cream/gel formula actually helps hold eye makeup in place. For use morning and night, both under eyes and on lids. Ophthalmologist Tested.

Skin Types: All

Lancome Genifique Youth Eye Concentrate (http://www.lancome-usa.com/skincare/genifique.aspx?tab=eye)

Price: Obviously Clinique All About Eyes is cheaper. It costs USD$28.50 as compared to  Lancome's USD$59 for a 0.5 oz bottle. I guess if you waited for the 20% discount, you could get Genifique for USD $47.20.

Packaging: Genifique comes in a heavy glass container, whereas Clinique comes in a plastic container. I recently had an accident with my Genique serum. DH dropped my bottle onto the floor by accident. The glass dropper broke inside and now I have to be really careful when I pour out my serum. I do understand why glass containers are used though. Some ingredients react with plastic.



Consistency: Genifique has a cream/gel with a firmer texture than Clinique's. It absorbs quickly into the skin. Clinique is more liquidy and takes slightly longer to absorb into the skin.

Effectiveness: I use Genifique twice a day (night/day) whereas I only use Clinique after my gym sessions because I just can't risk breaking my Genifique  if I were to take it out. I don't have many fine lines or dark circles. My undereye area isn't really dry too. So I can't really see any significant changes before or after I use it. I don't see an increase in fine lines and the undereye area isn't dry or crepey so I guess it is doing its job. I don't use Clinique enough to tell the difference.

I have just bought Korres QUERCETIN & OAK Age-reversing Instant Lift Eyecream to try out. I will wait till Lancome's Friends and Family discount comes again before stocking up on Genifique.

Ratings for Lancome Genique: 3+ lipsticks
Ratings for Clinique All About Eyes: 3 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. I remember I used Clinique All About Eyes before and I wasn't too impressed by it because I remember I didn't see any difference to my eyes after finishing the whole pot.
    As for Genifique, I wasn't impressed with its serum enough to want to try the eye product. From your review, I guess its not worth it to buy then!
    For eye product, i recommend Estee Lauder's Time Zone Anti line/Wrinkle eye cream. I don't know about lines or wrinkles, but I do feel the product moisturises my eye area pretty well and there are no white residues if I do rub my eyes accidentally!

    ashura from http://cloverbeautyinn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lancome genifique, I am only 21 and I swear I notice a difference!! After just a week my face looked so much smoother and fresher. I'm pregnant so my face has been very bad. I quit using it for a couple a days just to see if it was all in my head. Definitely not! After 4 days I went right back to using it AM and PM and notice a change within 2 days! I received this product as a freebie and heavily considering buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it works so well for you, I believe we need to take care of your skin at any age, good that you start Early and pamper yourself with good skin care, you skin will thank you when you grow older. Congrats on being pregnant!!! Are you going to have a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.