Saturday, July 17, 2010

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream No. 19 and No. 22 Review

So here are the close ups and swatches of the aqua creams I bought for the eye. You can check out my other aqua cream swatches here. No. 19 is a very beauty purple/violet shade. It is not available in the US as it contains ingredients that aren't approved.



I would love for the purple to be a notch brighter but I still love it. I made this picture bigger in the hopes that you can see the subtle shimmer present. It looks really lovely when taken in sunlight. As you can see, the pot isn't pristine. I used it before I could take pictures of it. I did a purple and bronze combination with Urban Decay's Baked eye shadow. I really liked how that turned out. I also added Urban Decay's Ransom deluxe eyeshadow to brighten the purple more.



I am crazy over bright colours. So after swatching No.22 a couple of times, I decided to get it too. It is such a pretty grassy green. I bet it would look lovely as an eye liner. I can't wait to try it out.



So mMyy two colours side by side.


I did the smudge and water test with these two. The picture below is taken after vigorous rubbing.



The one taken below is after rubbing it under running water.


This is what it looks like when dried.


It pretty much stayed intact. These guys can only be removed throughly with a eye makeup remover. Remember though these dry up fast, so blend quickly and use light layers. I find using a brush for these more effective. Cover them tight and you may want to scoop of portions into tiny screwtop containers instead of dipping into the big container frequently to prevent your aqua cream from drying out. I still give these a 5 lipstick rating, I just wish that they were a smidgen creamier for even easier blending.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Both shades are lovely, some of my favorite shades for the eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline, where can I buy #19? I know it is not sold in the US b/c of some of its ingredients, but I love the shade. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi krunkycat,

    you probably need someone to do a custom purchase for you or get it from ebay. If you want you can email me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.