Thursday, July 8, 2010

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip16C and 17C Review


This is my last post on my MUFE haul. The Aqua Lip is a waterproof lip liner pencil. MUFE claims that it is non-transferable, long lasting and water resistant. It came be applied on the entire mouth so long as you don't apply anything oily on it before hand.

Taken from Spehora Amazon website:

A waterproof, extremely long-wearing lip liner.What it is formulated to do: Glides on with vitamin E and jojoba wax that makes the application easier and more comfortable on the lips.




16C is a truely bright fuschia. I am not brave enough to use it on its own yet but have been pairing this with MAC's Show Orchid.



17C is a bright red coral. I was torn between this and 18C which is an orange. I thought I could pull off coral better than orange.

And both of them together.


It gets a thumbs up for colour vibrancy. As far as water resistant or long wearing, I'm not quite sure. I wore 16C with Show Orchid a few nights ago. I had my lip balm on my lips and the lip liner kinda slipped and slided all over. It didn't survive a meal of hot dogs, vegetarian mutton curry and a frappuccino. That being said, I don't think anything can survive that unless it is permanently tatooed. 

I tried 17Ca few days later. This time I wiped off my lip balm before application. The lip liner glided onto my lips and stayed put. I used the lip liner on most of my lips. Smacking my lips every now and then to blot it. Then topped it with MAC Morange and finally YSL Gloss Volupte in Iced Lychee. I really liked how bright the combination looked. This time I had a lunch buffet. After all the sinful eating, I went to the ladies to touch up. Most of my lip colour was still there, I just had to freshen it up with a coat of Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral.

I still can't say that is is long wearing, perhaps just slightly better than normal lip liners.  It costs SGD $38 in Singapore, I don't think it is worth paying that much. You can get good enough lip liners from MAC.

Aqua lip cost USD$17 if you get it online which makes it more price appealing. Just don't buy this in Singapore.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. wow these are THE colors! Tho I doubt I would ever be able to wear such popping colors ^_^"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to stay away from bight colours too but I just wanted a change in makeup and wanted to experiment. Its fun for outings but I think I would probably not be able to get away with strong colours at work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.