Sunday, July 18, 2010

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream No 5 Review

My Holy Grail cream blushes at the moment are MUFE HD Blush. I don't think any other brands can match them at the moment. When MUFE came out with aqua creams and there were a few in the range that were supposed to be for lips and cheeks, I kinda wondered why. They have already did wonders with their HD blush, if the aqua creams were similar what would be the point? And if they were different, how different were they to justify getting both types? No. 5 to No. 10 are meant for lips and cheeks, not for eyes. If you see Karlasugar's swatches here, you probably would be put off by how bright they look. In fact, I don't think I dare to attempt 7, 8, 9 and 10. Too bright.

I wanted to compare and try out for myself. But I didn't want to get a shade which I already own. And I must say I own way too many corals, peaches and pinks. I settled for No. 5, peach. Wait till you see it closeup, then you would probably understand why I had to have it.




It is a peach with gold shimmer. At first when I opened the lid, it kinda looked like a normal peach shade nothing truly special. But if you look closely, there are gold shimmers that kinda gives this colour an extra oomph. The surface texture looks like this because I dipped my blush brush into it.


The peach gold looks so lovely. Kinda like NARS orgasm don't you think? I am really sold by the gold himmer.

I have oily skin, so I have to be careful when I apply shimmery blush. They don't look nice on me because they emphasize my oily cheeks and open pores. I am glad to say that this did not give me any of such problems. It stayed fresh and matt except for the golden tones which helped highlight my cheek bones. I did not require any touch up at all the whole day.

My only little rant is that it is a tad hard to blend as compared to the HD blush. For HD blush I squeeze a little from the container, swirl my brush into it and apply on cheeks in a circular motion. Using a brush with this was more difficult. I had to swirl more and layer the blush on. I think using fingers might be better (your fingers will warm up the product a little making it easier to blend) but I have yet to try that out.

Again I did the smudge and water test on it, have a look. The one below was taken after I rubbed it vigorously.


Next, came the water test. Rubbing it under running water.


This is what it looked like, after vigourous rubbing, after rubbing it under running water and then drying it with tissue.


All I can say is that it is really tenacious. Nothing other than makeup remover will remove this. It will be great for ladies who want a little bullet proof makeup at the beach or at the gym (though I must ask why put makeup in the gym?)



Ratings: 4 lipsticks



I would love to give this a 5 if only it was easier to blend.


Finally, all my beautiful aqua creams together in their colourful glory.

6 comments:

  1. Now, now, I must really get myself down to the MUFE counter and get at least one of the Aqua Creams to play with! No. 5 is indeed very pretty. But not sure if they have it here.

    And love the 'stubbornness' of the product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vonvon, where do you live? A must try for cheeks will be No. 5. For eyes if you gravitate towards neutral colours there are some pretty shades too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline,

    I am your 'neighbour' in Malaysia, but the last time I checked, they have very few Aqua Cream shades - mostly for the eyes like #2 Steel, #3 Silver, etc. Didn't see any for lips and cheeks. Not even #22!

    I guess I need to look further for it. You are making me lemming for #5. I am thinking on the line of using #5 and my MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish as highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, I can be your good 'neighbour' if you feel that you have to have it, I can get it for you and send it to you. Just say the word.

    BTW I think the combi will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...thank you so much for the offer Jacqueline. I'll try to source around first.

    Will let you know when I got my hands on #5 and definitely will show you how the combo with By Candlelight looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he I like to think of myself an an enabler. So just give me a holler.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.