Friday, June 11, 2010

Urban Decay's Summer Love Nail Polish Collection Review


I really wanted to get this during the recent UD Friends and Family discount but they put a restriction on this, no air shipping because it is flammable. I didn't want to risk buying this and have my order cancelled. Anyway I made use of my $40 voucher to get this set. It costs SGD$45. It is in my opinion quite a bit to pay for a set of 7 mini nail polishes but the summery colours are so attractive, who can resist.

Taken from the Urban Decay website:

Hard to choose which shade of polish you want? Celebrate free love with all of them! More arousing than full-size single bottles, this kit of IT girl polishes delivers punchy, offbeat shades of teal, orange, pink and orchid that will drive you absolutely mad. Your healthy inner hippie will appreciate that all of our colors are formulated without toluene, formaldehyde, or DBP and your analytical left brain will love the 220-strand brush for a highly detailed application of color. Fit them all into a purple faux suede zipper case and you’ll be ready to swing.




The nail polishes come housed in this old gold destressed bag. I wonder if the gold plastic would just flake off. Doesn't look at all sturdy.

Okay I'm not good at nail polishes, so just look at the colour not the nails okay.





Shine On is a terrific bronze brown shade.



Woodstock is a super bright neon pink which I'm currently wearing on my fingernails. Just one coat is enough.



This is my ugly toe. Anyway, my manicurist did a inter french with Hashberry and Shine On.




Love Light doesn't photograph very well but it is a lovely sparkly shade that shines in the light. Anyway, this was done badly. after a morning of kayaking, one of my nail polish peeled off. So it was a good excuse to remove everything and paint them a different colour.









I would love to give this a 5 lipstick rating but I'm not because I felt it cost too much.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.