Thursday, June 17, 2010

MAC Morange Lipstick Review


Still on my quest for bright summery colours. I really couldn't resist getting Morange. Described as a loudmouth orange, it is an Amplified Creme formula (ultra-creamy. Quietly shiny. Colour-packed! Hi-res: hi-impact).




I find that it is easier to apply this if I have prepped my lips. Make sure your lips are exfoliated and well "balmed" before makeup application. So when you get to applying lipstick, your lips are soft and smooth. You need a matching lipliner though. I tried using MAC Spice lipliner then applying this straight from the tube. It didn't look that nice. I'll wait for my MUFE lipliner and try it with that.



Morange can look like clown lips if you are not careful. I find using fingers to apply this colour or by blotting it onto lips would give a more subdued and more wearable effect. Then apply some gloss. I think this would look great on fair to medium skintones, I'm not sure whether it would look good on darker skin tones or not.

Comparing this to my Korres' Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral. I prefer Korres' formulation. It is more emolient and moisturising. Coral is a much more wearable colour too.


(Korres Mango Butter lipstick in Coral)


(Korres Coral Swatch)

 

Below picture taken under sunlight.

(Morange swatches)

Below picture taken indoors.



Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

I did a face of the day and this was the best pic I could get of my lips with Morange. Morange isn't wearable straight from the tube. But with a lip brush and blotting, it looks bright without being too obnoxious and loud. I spent the entire day experimenting with it and it looks best on its own. I'm finally loving how it looks on my lips so I'm upgrading this lippie colour.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.