Thursday, June 10, 2010

MAC Lustredrops in Pink Rebel Review


This is part of the MAC To The Beach collection. I really love summer collections, I wish they there were summer collections all year round considering it is almost summer everyday in Singapore. I love the lustre drops, I bought my first with the Style Warrior collection, you can read about it here. Lustre drops mix very well with liquid foundations. They aren't too shimmery (no disco ball effect) but impart a beautiful glow to our complexion. They aren't oily so they won't slide off your face after a few hours of wear. I loved Sun Rush so I wanted to try out Pink Rebel.



As you can see it is a pale pink that will work well with fairer skins. I can also rub this to the tops of my cheeks or brow area to highlight those areas.


This is what it looks like unblended. Love that glowy goodness.



This is what it looks like blended out.

Comparing this with GA's Fluid Sheer in #2 Shimmering Beige. Fluid Sheers are more fluid. They tend to thin out foundations. Fluid Sheers are also more shimmery so you have to be careful not to add too much. In my opinion, fluid sheers are in a league of their own, I love their texture and consistency when applied on their own. Price wise though, MAC beats GA hands down. Buy GA only if you are in the mood to splurge.






Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. My MA used Pink Rebel on me when she did my MAC To The Beach makeover. (you can have a look in my blog. :)) Really love the glow effect. But I didn't get it...yet. still considering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have any liquid highlighting products, then I think you should get thos before it disappears. But if you have, you can sorta skip it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.