Saturday, June 12, 2010

MAC Lustering Lustre Lipstick Review


I am really on a brights roll. Bright nails and bright lips. I've been toying the idea of bright fuschia lips after seeing Temptalia rock MAC's Girl About Town lipstick. I went down to hunt for said lipstick without much success. In the end I had to settle for Lustering described as vivid sheer watermelon pink. Quite a close description I would say.




This is what it looks like with just one swatch.


This is what it looks like heavily swatched.


Well, Lustering wasn't the colour or effect I was looking for. But then being said, it is a great bright pink shade suitable for my NC35 skintone. I topped this with Chanel Glossimer in Venus for that glossy sparkly rasberry pink look. To rock the bright pink look, I kept my eyes really simple. Stila's Smudepot in Kitten and MAC's eyeshadow in Soft Force (shimmery golden beige) and Urban Decay's Zero lightly smudged to line my upper eyelids. For cheeks, I went for a brighter look, Make Up Forever's HD Blush in Quickie and MAC's Dollymix.

I always liked MAC's Lustre formulation, they are sheer and glossy but can be layered on for a more pigmented look. They aren't too drying although not the best at moisturising lips either. I prefer Korres' Mango butter lipsticks and Dior's Rouge de serums for their super soft and moisturising formulations. It has a slight vanilla scent that is pleasant. MAC lipsticks are also one of the cheaper brands and they truely have an astounding array of colour. I traded six empties to get this for free so there really isn't anything to complain about.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks.

2 comments:

  1. this is exactly the kind of lipstick i'm looking for i love light watermelon shades... thanks for review and swatch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benish, thanks for your comment. I love bright pink shades too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.