Friday, April 2, 2010

Neutrogena Deep Cleansing Oil Review


I just finished my Shu Uemura's High Performace Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh and needed to get another. Although I liked this cleansing oil, I felt that it was very pricey (SGD$56 for a 150 ml bottle). Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil which I used previously worked just as well and at a fraction of the price (SGD$19 for a 120 ml bottle). I had in mind to buy Fancl but someone had recommended Neutrogena's Deep Cleansing Oil. So I thought I would give it a try. In fact Neutrogena was suppose to replace my favourite eye makeup remover, Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips. 


Well after trying it out to remove my eye makeup, I still felt that Clinique does a better job at removing my eye makeup. I like the fact that everything (including waterproof mascara) comes off when I place a soaked cotton pad onto my eye and press gently. With Neutrogena, I had to massage my eyes and afterwards I still notice that there were some mascara left. After washing my face, I still had mascara stains. I hate that. So as a eye makeup remover my ratings are as such.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks



I prefer using this as a normal facial cleanser to remove face makeup. So instead this is replacing Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil. I don't get a tight feeling after using this and when it comes to face products, it removes everything with ease. It comes with a light floral fragrance.

Taken from BoBoDave website (For the life of me I don't know why I can't find this in the Neutrogena website)

•An Oil-Free, Non-Pore Clogging & Dermatologist tested refreshing cleansing oil removes dirt, oil, impurities and even waterproof make-up in one step

•Water activating formula transforms into a soft fine cleansing emulsion that easily dissolve dirt and makeup. Locks in moisture for soft supple skin

Direction: For best results, apply onto dry face. Pump cleansing oil onto dry hands and apply to skin. Massage with gentle, circular motion. Add water to emulsify. Rinse off with lukewarm water.

Interesting enough, my bottle says that it is made in Korea. I wonder why.
 
Anyway, I paid about SGD$29 for a 200 ml bottle. I find that this works just as well as Fancl. Both do not break me out and are gentle on my skin. Neutrogena is more accessible to me than Fancl, I can walk to my local drugstore and get it. Whereas I need to go to town to places where they sell Fancl. One thing that Fancl has over Neutrogena is the fact that their products are presevative free which means goodness for your skin. So because of that Fancl is still tops with Neutrogena close behind.
 
Ratings: 4 lipsticks 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. I'm also looking for a replacement for Shu cleansing oil. It lasts awhile but is quite expensive and sometimes feels like it is a waste as I can't feel a difference. I hope I can find the Neutrogena line here so will try it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey leeloo,

    where do you live? Another alternative is Fancl also a great and cheaper aletrnative to Shu. Hope you are able to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I bought a bottle of Neutrogena cleansing oil a few weeks back, best cleanser I ever used!

    It removes all traces of makeup and water-resistant sunblock easily, and it leaves no residue behind At All. So I can just cleanse once, don't need to double cleanse, don't need eye makeup remover, don't need to use toner, and my skin is clean and ready to absorb any products I apply next. Also, unlike many other cleansers, it's not drying, so even if u dont moisturise your skin doesn't feel tight.

    Another great thing is the price. When I use costlier stuff like Shu Uemera, I tend to be more careful about the amount. But since this is much cheaper, u can use more and be sure that u cleanse your face perfectly :)

    The only thing I don't like about this is that it stings my eyes if it gets into my eyes :( So I haf to be more careful around the eye area.

    But it's still the best cleanser I've ever used, very worth the price :) I've tried most of neutrogena cleansers and I really trust this brand, but the cleansing oil is the best of all.


    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, thanks for popping by. I know what you mean, with Shu I had to be extra careful not to use too much just because I paid so much for it. Honestly this works just as well and is cheaper. Then I can buy more makeup! I'm sorry it stings your eyes :( I've been lucky it doesn't hurt mine. That reminds ne, time to buy another bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there! bumped into this when googling bout the same product. Yes, cant find it in neutrogena website..and yes too..mine says its made in Korea..anyway, cant wait to try it tonite! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! bumped onto this when googling about the same product. Im from Malaysia. Yes..u r right..cant find it on neutrogena's website and yes too..mine says its made in Korea! anyway..glad to read good comments on it..as i have a very sensitive skin..sigh..cant wait to try it tonite! wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syahreena I hope this works well for you.

      Delete
  7. hi there! bumped into this when googling bout the same product. Yes, cant find it in neutrogena website..and yes too..mine says its made in Korea..anyway, cant wait to try it tonite! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is because it's only available in asia for now...

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.