Thursday, April 29, 2010

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 02- Brown Review


I'm falling in love with all my cream/gel eye liners again because of my Smashbox Arched Eye Liner. Read my rave about it here.

I need a brown eye liner and since this has some great reviews I thought I would give it a try.

(Taken from Maybelline website)

Only our oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base.
So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours.
Smudge-proof and Water-proof.
The most intense line for lasting drama.

It comes in 4 colours. Black, brown, grey and plum.



It comes in a nifty little glass container and a very useful stiff eye liner brush that is just perfect of lining eyes. I love that the liner is really good. I hate it when companies decide to give you crappy makeup applicators. It is just not right! Especially higher end brands!


I like the shade, nice and dark without looking like black. It is a creamy soft shade with no shimmer at all. It glided on my arms. Lovely. I decided to test drive it without any primer just to see how the colour looks on my eyes.




It takes a while to dry, I made the mistake of blinking, hence the smudging on my crease. I need to try this on with my full eye makeup for the work to see if it lasts well though.



I ran my arm through water to see if it stayed put. Yes it did.



This is what it looked like after some serious rubbing. Pretty good eh? That being said, eye lids are very different from arms. I'm not sure if it will last on my oily lids. We'll see.

I am happy to add that it lasted well for me for half a day (thats about 5 hours) when I wore it to work recently. No smudging or creasing. It does take some time to dry so make sure it fully dries before blinking.

For its price about SGD$20 I think it is a great gel eye liner to have. The quality is quite comparable to MAC's Fluidliner and Clinique's Cream eyeliner.

Edited to add: I downgraded my ratings because after using it for about 7 months, the product dried up and made it very difficult to apply.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.