Saturday, April 24, 2010

Makeup Forever HD Blush Quickie Review


I was very eager to get my greedy hands on these blushers. I have heard many good things about it and really want to try them. I had a hard time choosing colours, everything looked so good. Since I'm in a coral/peach phase I decided on Quickie described as Salmon Pink.


These are really tiny. This is a MAC lipstick for size comparison. There is about 10 ml of product. I paid USD$25 for this. I didn't want to wait for them to reach Singapore because I'm sure it will cost much more.


When I opened the box I was pleased with my colour selection. Quickie looks right up my alley.


It comes in a convenient pump bottle. The best part about this is you can control how much you pump out. Unlike GA Fluid Sheers, I never seem to be able to give it a little squeeze. With this pump, it is really easy to control how much you pump out. I have heard that only a tiny little bit is needed so for my first attempt I gave it a little squeeze. Even then it was too much and had to wipe of the rest. What a waste!


This was taken just outside my window in the afternoon. You can see that it is intensely pigmented but sheers out prettily. It dries out when left out in the air so don't take too long a time to blend your blush. It has to be kept in an air tight container, thus the bottle with the pump to ensure no air goes in. I won't advise you to decant and put them in little containers. I think the air with affect the quality of the blush.



I blended out the swatch on the right side. As you can see, you decided how intense you want your blush to be. I haven't had a chance to do a FOTD with this yet. Soon, soon. :)

I can honestly say it was love at first application. I used my fingers to gently pat this on. It was silky smooth and blended out easily. The colour was so pretty and it lasted the whole day (10 hours) without any reapplication. It still looked fresh at the end of the day. I still have oily skin issues but that was not a problem. Quickie didn't slide all over my face and It did not emphasize my open pores.

It is also worth its price. This little bottle is going to last me a long time.

I'm loving this so much that I'm seriously thinking of getting more.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks!

2 comments:

  1. oh my! It's soooo small! O_O
    But it's indeed pretty! and if it stays on long and a tiny bit is enough, then it well worths the dollars! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth it. It lasted the whole day without any touch ups.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.