Sunday, April 11, 2010

Make Up Forever Metal Powder 1- Sunflower Gold Review



I'm finally free to review my new Make Up Forever buys. First item to be reviewed is the Metal Powder in Sunflower Gold.

When I swatched it at Sephora I was instantly smitten by the beautiful gold. It is darker than a true bright gold. What I loved was the texture, soft as silk and intensely pigmented.

(without primer)

As much as I love bright golds, they never translate very well for my skin tone. This was a really nice darker gold which I paired with black eye liner or black shadow for a strong look. The swatch above is made on plain skin without primer.

(left: with Make Up Forever Eye Seal
right: with Urban Decay Primer Potion in original)

I can't for the life of me get my eye shadows to stay on my lids without eye primers so I used the MUFE eye seal on my lids. Well, that particular morning I teared quite a bit because I was yawning alot. Imagine my dissappointment when I found out that my gold makeup was smudged.


I did a test this morning on my arm. An arm test isn't eaxctly accurate. The skin there is different from your eye lids. Well after a wash of water, you can see that the metal powder without any primers at all washed away easily. The eye seal and UDPP held on.


After quite vigorous rubbing, you can see that UDPP is quite tough.


I dried up my arm for you to see the after effects. My verdict UDPP holds the metal powder the best. I'm going to try that combination on my eyes really soon to confirm whether it will keep the metal powder on my eyes.

I don't know but after that first smudging on my eyes, I feel kinda bummed out about the metal powder. I love the colour but I don't think it is long wearing. I will need to try out different ways to get it to work for me. Price wise, I was silly not to have waited for it to be released in Amazon Sephora, paying SGD$40 is too much.

Ratings: 2.5 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.