Monday, April 12, 2010

Make Up Forever Eye Seal Review



I got sucked into buying this because the MA said that it will waterproof my eye makeup. Even ladies who go for synchronised swimming wear this. How am I not suppose to fall for that???

Taken from Make Up Forever Singapore website

EYE SEAL



Description
Created to transform all forms of eye products into waterproof make up. With the help of a brush, they can become long lasting and resistant.

Application

Put several drops of Eye Seal in the bottle lid / small cup. Soak the brush in the liquid and then mix it with make up ( Star Powder/ Eye Shadow, Cake Liner, Glitter, etc )

Advice
Dany's Advice - Use a brush dipped with Eye Seal and Diamond Powder to create an unique liner on your lash line to natually enhance eyes.


Content: 12 ml
Price: $45.00


(left: without primer, middle: with eye seal and right: with UDPP)

I was disappointed with its performance with the MUFE Metal Powder I bought. UDPP helped my Metal Powder stay put better than Eye Seal. I couldn't leave it like that, I had to justify paying $45 for the Eye Seal. So here is a test I did with UDPP 24/7 eyeliner.


After vigorous rubbing, all three remain intact.


With a wash of water, all three stayed put.


Then I rubbed vigorously again. Still stayed intact.



This is what the swatch looked like after rubbing, washing, rubbing and drying. No bad eh?



Then I tried using an eye shadow. This is UD's Deluxe eye shadow in Fishnet. I dipped a brush wet with eye seal and mixed it with Fishnet and drew a line.

After a wash.


After rubbing.


Then I dried my arm with a tissue paper. Not bad too.

I guess it works best with eye liners and eye shadows but not metals powders. I'm not sure how it will hold up with MAC pigments though. I wish I didn't pay so much for this. I think UDPP works just as well but for a fraction of the price. MA did say that I have to get the hang of using it. I guess it needs more experimenting to find out what works best.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks.

7 comments:

  1. LOL the UD liner held up better on its own! XD

    but with normal eyeshadow it works great!

    BTW, for loose pigments and such, I'd recommend Fyrinnae's Pixy Epoxy ( http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=412 ). I don't have it myself, since their paypal gate hates me and never lets me pay XDDD
    But this little stuff got great reviews and works like nothing else...and dirt cheap too!^^
    I wonder if it works with everyday shadows too, not just pigments....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, I'm checking out the link you gave me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. i am really liking MUFE these days...searchin high n low for metal powders....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey resham,

    me too! I feel like getting more of their HD blush because they are so good and have you seen these?

    http://www.temptalia.com/make-up-for-ever-aqua-creams-review-photos-swatches

    I want to get my hands on some, especially #21 Turqoise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqueline, have you tried this with MAC pigments since your review?
    Or have you found a better product? I like the idea of this because then I could use it to convert eyeshadows into eyeliners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have tried it with Mac loose pigments, I don't feel that it makes a nice opaque line. I have to go over a few times and the line just doesn't look precise, I rather use a liquid liner. I also dip my pencil eye liners into Eye Seal they last a little longer than normal. I've been using the in conjunction with my MUFE eye pencil on my water line, they last slightly longer but will still smudge after 3 hours. Honestly not the greatest of products, it performs great on the arm swatches but unfortunately not on my eyes.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.