Monday, April 26, 2010

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric No. 3 Review


I have been lemming this foundation for ages. I really love my GA Lasting Silk UV Foundation, it is my Holy Grail foundation but I wanted something lighter and sheerer for the weekends. My Coogi Flowertox BB cream wasn't cutting it any more because somehow my skin tone has turned darker so it looks very obvious that I have foundation on.




I was quite torn between choosing this or the new Face Fabric Radiance. But since my skin was still on the slightly oily side, it was more practical for me to get this. You can check out reviews and swatches of GA's Face Fabric Radiance here at Karla Sugar. It was a good choice. Karla mentioned that Face Fabric Radiance was quite sparkly and I don't think it would have suited me.


face fabric foundation spf 12



Face fabric is an invisible makeup with a 3D Micro-fil technology.

Its unique Micro-fil™ formulations bring lightness and fluidity to makeup, allowing infinite blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin.



A subtle, neutral palette is accented with two shades - porcelain and apricot - to be used alone to create a healthy-looking glow, combined with any of the shades to boost the color, or alone to sculpt or highlight the complexion. For normal to oily skin, providing sheer coverage.



CEW 2009 Face Product Prestige Award Winner.
Cosmetic Executive Women Beauty Award Winner.

I chose No. 3 described as Natural Beige for my NC30-35 skin tone. It was just the perfect shade. Totally melted into my skin.




The texture of Face Fabric feels like that of its Fluid Master. Much like a primer with colour it glides onto my skin. It feels totally different from the Lasting Silk Foundation. I tried it with fingers and with my foundation brush, there is no difference to how it looks on my skin. It provides sheer coverage so it is really good for ladies with clear skin. For myself, I needed to use my MAC Select Cover-up concealor to disguise my acne scars on my cheeks and my dark spots. By mid day by face was slightly shiny but a little dusting of powder set it right.

This is a splurge for me. I couldn't wait till Friends and Family sale to get my hands on it. I still think it is worth its value. GA always has a special place in my heart.

Edited to add:

Oh wow! I wore this just today, I was under the hot sun sweating away. (I was kite flying, don't ask me why I wore makeup for kite flying, I can't explain either.) After that I had dinner. I went to the toilet to check out my makeup guess what, It was not oily at all. It was still intact and oil free. Oh wow! I'm in love!

Ratings: 5++ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. this sounds really good! but i just got a new foundation so this might have to wait a long while before i can get it. hahaha :) thank you for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear, be sure to try this when you run out of foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for sharing. Is this foundation works for oily skin, since my skin turns out to be oily in the afternoon everyday. T_T Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey BeautyOnThe Way,

    I have read in MUA that this is mattifying and it flakes on dry skins. You can check out the reviews here.

    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=104379/Face_Fabric_Second_Skin_Nude_Makeup/Giorgio_Armani/Foundations

    For me it stayed matt for quite some time, I needed to blot only after about 4 hours. I use to have super oily skin like oil slick in about an hour, now it is much better controlled.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.