Friday, April 2, 2010

DHC


I was flipping through a local women's magazine when I came across eyelash treatment reviews. They reviewed some high end brands and some middle range ones. DHC eyelash tonic had 5 stars and that had me curious.

DHC just came to Singapore a few months ago. It is a Japanese brand which makes use of Olive Oil in their products.

Taken from the DHC UK website

Our award-winning Eyelash Tonic helps nourish weak lashes prone to breakages. The brush coats each lash from root to tip with beneficial botanicals. Use as a mascara base or simply on its own to help create healthier-looking lashes. Ginseng, aloe and swertia japonica protect, nourish and condition.

Ingredients: water/aqua, swertia japonica extract, placental protein, butylene glycol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, nasturtium officinale extract, symphytum officinale leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, pentylene glycol, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, aminomethyl propanol, xanthan gum, allantoin, dipotassium glycyrrhizate
 
Lets compare it with Ardell's ingredients
 
Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin
 
I've been using Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator Treatment Gel for about two years now. I pay about SGD$8. I have to have this shipped because Ardell prices in Singapore are jacked up! It has been serving me well. My lashes are stronger, I don't experience much lash fall out. My lashes do feel slightly longer and lusher.



I have used this eyelash tonic for about 2 weeks. To be honest, I feel that it works just as well. I was hoping for noticeable longer and fuller lashes but nope it isn't happening. Anyway, the product description did not tout is as a miracle product. Just that it would nourish and condition lashes which I think it does. When comparing ingredients, I can see that there are more beneficial ingredients in DHC. I paid about SGD$25 for the eyelash tonic.
 
Ratings: 3 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.