Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stila Smudge Pot Violet Review



The second smudge pot to be reviewed is the New Violet shade. I love this shade because it looks so bright and cheery.







To be honest, I'm quite underwhelmed by the Smudge pot consistency. When I line my eyes with this, it doesn't produce a thick creamy line the first time unlike MAC Fluidliners and Clinique's Brush On Cream Eye Liner. I had to go over the line a few times before a opaque line was visible. So these eye liners are quite sheer. Either that or I received a dud set. :(

Ratings: 2 lipsicks

Will I buy thiese Smudge pots again. Most probably not except for Kitten. Unless they came out with a colour that MAC doesn't produce, I don't think I'll be buying these again soon.

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comments here. I have the same set and the same issues. That being said, the black one is opaque, though I don't have to pay for Stila to find a quality black liner. I've resigned myself to using this liner as a shadow base instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use this as an eye shadow base what eye colour would you put on top of it? I'm curious. I have thought to use this as a base because it is so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah no~ Too bad! The color is so pretty! T_T
    I do NOT like makeup that I have to layer several times to get an even application...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can just put a sheer wash of say a champagne or a light lavender over - it mutes the purple down and makes a nice wash shade. I did that with my MAC fluidlines once (the one and only time I used them, because I turned out to be very allergic to them, go figure).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swatches and photos! Love the violet colour, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.