Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stila Mango Crush Lip and Cheek Stain Review



I couldn't resist, I wanted a summery makeup product. I have been lemming Bobbi Brown's Cabo Coral Pot Rouge and Nectar Shimmerbrick but couldn't justify paying for it. So I used my paypal funds to look for a cheap thrill. I paid about USD $12 inclusive of shipping for it. It didn't come with a box and I can't find out how much product is in it. I'm not sure whether I received the full sized version or the sample version (the ebay seller cliams it is full sized but I can't seem to get any information about how much product there is in a full sized item). Anyways, they are selling for 15% off at the Stila website. It is USD $20.40 each.

I saw the lovely swatches made by Product Girl here. I really liked the swatches of Yumberry and Mango Crush. But since I'm so into summery looks right now Mango Crush was really something I wanted to try.

Taken from the Stila website:

This super-fruit inspired multi-tasker will give you instant glamour gratification. Mango Crush Lip and Cheek Stain is infused with naturally staining mango extracts that react to your personal pH levels to create your perfect shade every time. Used as a sheer blush, or a lip tint and packaged in Stila's iconic clickable pen, this revolutionary formula is easy to build and blend, and leaves your lips and cheeks with a fresh flush of youth.



Scented and flavored like a sweet summertime mango, and infused with real extract from its namesake fruit, Stila’s newest Crush contains phyto-nutrients and antioxidants that protect and nourish your skin. Vitamins A, C, and E moisturize the cheeks and lips and leave them with a sheer, fresh, and radiant glow.







This is a click pen which you need to twist in order for the product to come out. I had to twist it a good number of times before the product comes out. I made the mistake of using my Beauty Blender sponge. The sponge soaked up most the product and in the end very little ended up on my cheeks. I find that using fingers for this is much better.



This is a shimmery coral shade. The shimmer is actually very subtle. It is sheer but can be build up. I love the bright coral shade. It is definitely more coral than Bobbi Brown's Calypso Coral which I own. It lasts pretty well. Up to 6 hours of wear. I did not have to layer it with powder blush neither did I need to reapply after a few hours. I think this is suitable for ladies who do not have oily skin issues. I haven't tried this as a lip stain. I don't think it's quite hygenic or good for your skin in you used this applicator directly on your lips and then used it on your cheeks. Perhaps it would be better to leave the product on the palms of your hands and use your fingers to apply instead.


Mango Crush is currently my favourite coral blush. I can't comment about whether the product is worth its value but I like it as a long lasting coral blush that suits my NC35 colouring perfectly for the perfect summer look.


This is a picture of Mango Crush layered with Nars Orgasm and a little MAC Lustredrops in Sundrops as a highlighter.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.