Thursday, January 28, 2010

Too Faced Natural Eye Kit Review


I decided to do more natural eye looks for work. Since I was picking up items from Beauty.com, I searched around for a good natural eye palette to try. I heard of Too Faced before and ever tried buying on of their palettes at Beautycrunch back in 2008.


I just have to say I really hated these two palettes. The quality of the eye shadows, blusher and lipstick and gloss were terrible. I gave them away and since then have never been tempted to buy them. When Sephora Singapore brought in Too Faced, I didn't even bother to visit the counter to try out their items.

I have seen the Natural Eye Kit featured in two of my favourite blogs. Musing of a Muse and Makeup and Beauty Blog. You can see their raves for this palette when you click their links. I was very surprised that the shadows looked pigmented. Karen from the Makeup and Beauty Blog also did a very beautiful eye with the palette. So this became something I wanted to try.



I really liked the look of the palette straight away. It is made of hard cardboard so it is best not to put this baby in the bathroom just in case. It has a little pull out drawer which stores the applicator. I have doubts that the applicator is actually useful though. The lid is held close with a magnetic thingamagig so it closes tight.




I must say the pull out cards are very useful. It makes doing a natural eye as simple as 1 2 3.






I tried the classic look for the first day of work in 2010. I'm partial to shimmers and shine so naturally I like the Classic and Fashion look best.



Closeup pictures.




This is the day look. As you can see they are all matt colours. They felt soft and pigmented when I swatched them with my fingers on my arm.





This look I tried for work. They blended well and were smooth. With my Urban Decay Primer Potion, it lasted the whole day.



Now why did I enlarge this. Nude Beach looks almost similar to Silk Teddy but if you looked really close you will see that Nude Beach has more obvious glitters. Therefore it is a Fashion look.





This palette sells for USD$34. Thats about USD$3.80 for each eye colour. I'm happily surprised by the quality of the eye shadows. In my opinion, this is a great buy for those looking for a natural eye palette.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks.

Watch out for some EOTDs soon.

Edited to add:

I used the fashion look for the first time today. Nude Beach has chunky glitter so there was quite a bit of fall out. So be forewarned, you probably need a good does of loose powder under your eye to catch the glitter. That being said, it is a fashion look so not very appropriate for office wear.

4 comments:

  1. ooh pretty! Of course the Fashion row is closest to my heart! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. To think! I have yet to try out Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have resisted buying this for so long.. maybe I need a trip to the Too Faced counter ~~~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't buy it in Singapore k? It is probably very expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.