Friday, January 22, 2010

Korres Golden Goddess Collection Abyssinia mascara review

This mascara came with the rest of the products. I'm always happy to try out mascaras that claim to be volumizing. I love thick lashes!




Taken from Korres website:

Properties



Dramatically volumizing mascara with Abyssinia Oil, for lush, incredible dramatic look


• Abyssinia Oil, rich in fatty acids ,provides Natural luster and emollient feeling on the lashes while offering excellent pigment for the most dramatic look


• Vitamin E and Provitamin B5 deeply condition lashes to prevent breakage.


• Bamboo extract strengthens and smoothes the outer layer of the lashes
 


This mascara has about 8 ml of product. It has a really slim brush, it reminds me of my old favourite Clinique Lash Power mascara that also had a slim brush. I love a slim brush. It is much easier to get to those lashes right at the corners of your eye. Not to mention it won't cause accidental smudges which happened to me frequently when I used Diorshow. (I'm a klutz)



 
It does a fair job of volumizing my lashes although I still prefer my YSL Everlong. Too bad it isn't waterproof though. I need waterproof mascara because my eyes water frequently especially when I wake up really early (like 5.15 am) to go to work. I yawn alot and my eyes water. I can't afford to have panda eyes at the start of the day. Surprisingly on my test run, it didn't smudge at all. Even though I yawned like a million times and had an almost 10 hour work day. So thumbs up!
 
This mascara costs USD$20 and comes in 4 colours. Black, brown, Cobalt Blue and Plum. YSL Everlong goes for USD$28.50. Perhaps this is a good cheaper alternative?
 
Ratings: 3 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.