Saturday, January 16, 2010

Korres Golden Goddess Collection Eyeshadow Swatches and Review



These are eyeshadows from the Golden Goddess Collection. Although you can't buy the Golden Goddess collection anymore (They are no longer featured in the website) you can still get them individually. But it will not be very worthwhile as they cost USD$16 per shadow.



These are Korres Sunflower and Evening Primrose Shimmering Eyeshadows.

Taken from Korres website:

Properties





Richly pigmented, silky pressed shimmering shadows range in shades from nearly nudes to all the vibrant colors found in nature
• Crease- resistant, long-wearing shades blend easily and diffuse the look of fine lines and wrinkles on the lids
• Evening Primrose oil, rich in linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid, provides hydration and nourishes the delicate skin on the lids, helping to prolong the wear of the color
• Sunflower oil’s potent antioxidant ability fights free radical damage helping to prevent fine lines and wrinkles

The colours in the set are Golden Bronze 27, Golden Brown 34, Golden Green 44 and Silver 51. Initially when I saw the four colours, I was wondering how in the world is Silver going to go with the other colours. Later I found out through a very useful foldout that Silver is used as a highlighter on my brow bones. I did that and found it to match the overall colour scheme.



Golden Bronze 27




Golden Brown 34




Golden Green 44




Silver 51

Golden Green appears more matt then the rest even though it is touted as a Shimmering Eyeshadow. These eyeshadows are soft and apply very smoothly. Some shades are more intense than others. For example I found Golden Green to be more sheer. Golden Brown has the most intense pigment. On swipe was enough for the colour to show on my lids. Same with Golden Bronze. Silver was also more sheer as compared to Golden Brown and Golden Bronze.


Golden Green and Silver


Golden Brown and Golden Bronze

For comparison sake, I compared it with a MAC Eyeshadow. Here they are.
 






Korres has slightly more product. 1.8 g as compared to 1.3g. USD$14.50 for MAC and USD$16 for Korres. I like the slimness of the packaging but since it does not have a clear window you have to turn around to find out what colour you are holding. Minor rant, you can see the plastic catch below. The catch on Golden Bronze is very difficult to open, I worry that in my haste to pry this open I might damage the shadow inside. Another thing, I don't understand why two of the shadows come in a white casing while the other two comes in a dark brown version.












My overall thoughts of the product. Korres only has 16 shades whereas MAC probably has gagillions! The colour selection are mostly natural shades nothing truly eye catching although I don't mind trying Gold. I really like that the properties make it seems more natural and has supposedly skincare properties. It is defnitely worth trying if you can score a discount which happens quite frequently, you just have to on a lookout. But I don't think I would pay full price for it.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. ooh the are pretty colors! Naturals are boring, true, but pretty and useful! I like Golden Brown the most! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with Golden Bronze myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sephora has these on sale right now...$7...just an fyi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know, I just bought gold eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.