Saturday, December 5, 2009

Urban Decay Big Fatty Colored Mascara in Black Cherry Review

I made use of the recent Urban Decay FF sale to try out their Big Fatty Mascaras. They are names so because of their wand. These are supposed to volumised your lashes.
Big Fatty Mascara contains hemp oil, Vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba which helps thicken and lengthen lashes.
It comes in five shades. Black Cherry, Electric Blue, Flipside, Indigo and Purple Haze. You can check out the shades here.

These are going for USD 17, after the FF discount I paid USD 11.90 for it.


I made a mistake. I intended to purchase Electric Blue. I really wanted my lashes to stand out! In my excitement and rush I realised I clicked on Black Cherry instead. By the time I realised my mistake, it was too late to change.



I'm not sure whether it is the same for all UD's Fatty Mascaras but mine felt a little dry. I guess I was expecting a wetter formula. I hope it is not because it was dried out. The wand is fat but not as fat as Diorshow. This makes it easier to apply without it getting all over my eyes.
On its own, I didn't think it thickened or lengthened my lashes much. But after priming my lashes with my trusty Shiseido Mascara Base, my lashes were definitely more prominent.
The colour was playful and more subtle. I wore it to work with no problems. It got the attention of my colleagues so I'm happy the colour was obvious enough.
I'm itching to try Electric Blue though. I'm curious to find out how blue it is and how it would look on my lashes.

I find the Big Fatty Mascara to be a so so mascara. Great if you want something fun. It didn't perform as expected for me. If you made use of the wonderful discounts popping up now and then, this would be a good buy but I don't think it is worth 17 bucks.
Ratings: 2 lipsticks
Oh yes! Its my birthday today and I want to give out some samples. I'm giving the Complexion Primer Potion sample (Please note this is really tiny) and some other samples I have. Just leave me a comment and tell me why you want to try this out and your email address. I'll pick a lucky lady and mail it to you for free. :)
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. OHMY!!! Happy belated Birthday!!!! woot! *throws confetty*
    did you get lots of presents? birthday cake?
    *hugs*

    aww the color of he mascara is pretty! as a lipstick LOL I don'T know, I'm afraid of any other color but black on my lashes. Do they show up at all? and aren't they weird? you know, walking on the streets with red or yellow or whatever lashes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many presents but my husband treated me to a stay at a local hotel and I got to finish my half marathon for my birthday. It was really great! They show up if you apply a few coats. They look pretty nice actually. You should try a dark blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that's nice! and romantic! ^.^

    I'll keep it mind and try one! Thanks ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.