Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dior Serum De Rouge 740 Rosewood Serum

I was hunting for a hunting for a nude lipstick to go with my dark smokey look for a wedding dinner I was attending. I had lemmings for Serum De Rouge ever since it was launched. I am still in a lipstick/lip gloss phase. I popped in my local Dior counter and played with some of the shades. Unfortunately, they did not have 640 Soft Pink Serum, I would have liked to check out how it looked.
It was between this and 710 Beige Serum. I didn't want Beige Serum because the shade was quite close to my other love Korres Natural Brown.




I really dig the heavy metal slim casing. Its hefty weight feels good in my hands. The cap clicks close so no worries of the cap falling of on its own. It has a clicking mechanism. You click the product up, just enough for a few applications. The slimness of the tube covers my lips and I do not have to use a brush to apply this on. I apply straight from the tube. I love the casing, it is slim enough to slip into your clutch and classy enough for you to whip out in the ladies room.


It was love at first application. It applied like butter. It wasn't shiny and glossy. It is between a full coverage and a sheer lipstick. More of a satin cream look. The colour is so flattering on my lips. A light warm rose shade that fits my overall smokey look. It lasted through sips of Chinese tea and two dishes. I went to touch up just because I loved applying to so much. It felt so comfortable on the lips!





I wish it was cheaper though, it cost me $48 SGD. But honestly I think it is worth every penny. I'm so getting soft pink and perhaps one for my mom as a Christmas gift.
Ratings: 5 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. ooh these are so expensive, but it seems everyone loves it, so to shell out that much once worth it
    I wanted to try it out, see the swatches on me, but guess one? They are nowhere to be found here! I didn't look under the counters tho, but dammit! They don't carry this serum at all? o___O" argh

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be frustrating not being able to find something you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girs do ya know which is the shade that Bellucci wears in the ad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anon, Monica Bellucci was wearing the Raspberry serum. Pretty huh?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.