Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Clinique Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator in Bronze Review


I'm still in my bronzer phase. I love how bronzers give you a healthy look. I'm moving on to liquid bronzers but am wary about how I would go about applying them without it looking too obvious.
Well, Clinique's Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator was voted In-Style's best beauty buys in 2008. I thought this would be something good to experiment. It costs $22.50, way cheaper than GA's Fluid Sheers. It comes in four shades. Natural, Bronze, Blush and Peach.
You can go here for a better look and description of the shades available.
I chose bronze which is described as a sheer bronze illuminator with gold shimmer.

It comes with a pump which I feel makes it very hygenic. But it also means that you are stuck with that amount that you pump out. This is how much two pumps looks like.



As you can see two pumps is way too much! This has a creamier texture unlike GA's Fluid Sheer. When it is blended out you can see that it is quite pigmented. I was quite worried about how I would apply this.
Well what I did was press out one pump and use my trusty MAC 187 Stippling Brush. I swirled my brush around the product, picking it up and applied gently going over the hollows of my cheeks and the sides of my chin. The bronzer was very obvious, in fact looked very natural on my NC 35 skin tone. I liked how it looked.




After a few hours though, my face looked like it needed some blotting. This didn't make me look greasy but I do notice that it made my face slightly more shiny than usual.
Overall, I think this is a really nice and affordable liquid bronzer. The hints of pink in it made sure I didn't look orange which sometimes bronzers can do to you. I'm not sure how you would apply this with your fingers and make it look natural though. You probably need a brush. I wouldn't mix it with my foundation though, it would probably make my foundation look really dark. It probably won't be flattering too if you tend to get really oily.
Ratings: 3 lipsticks (Just because I love the textures of Fluid Sheers better)

2 comments:

  1. HOPE YOU SEE IT...DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE GOOD FOR NC20?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be a little too dark for you.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.