Monday, October 19, 2009

MAC Style Black Mineralized Eye Shadow Reviews

I am in love with the MAC Style Black Mineralized Eye Shadows that I bought. I wish Gilt By Association was part of this review but darn it! I missed out on that one. These pretty babies are so popular in Singapore, they were sold out in a few days of launch. Madness!


I can totally see why though. When swatched on a base, these are so pretty.


I must say that they aren't very special when swatched by itself. It will not stay on the lids and fall out will probably be very bad. You need something to hold it on your lids. Use a stiff eye shadow brush to gently press the eyeshadow onto your lids instead of a fluffy brush. Even with that I did experience some fall out. It would be good if you dusted some loose face powder under your eyes beforehand to catch the fall out.


Young Punk







The swatch on the top is made by using Greasepaint in Black. I think using any black base such as Blacktrack Fluidliner or Blackground Paint Pot will give the same effect. Just quickly press on the eyeshadow before your base dries.


Blue Flame






These colours are very black and strong. Although you can see the difference in colour in the sunlight, the difference is quite subtle during the night. I wore Young Punk last night. You can see flashes of purple but mostly it is a black colour with purple glitter.


I love the look I did last night.

Face

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Liquid Foundation in Shade 7
YSL Touche Eclat in 3 (under eyes)
MAC Select Cover up in NC 35
Giorgio Armani Loose Powder

Cheeks
YSL Creme de blush in Velvety Peach
RMK Mystique Cheeks in Orange Beige
MAC Tenderling
Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion Sin
MAC Greasepaint in Black
MAC Mineralized Eye Shadow in Young Punk
MAC pigment Lily White
MAC eye shadow Nanogold
Clinique Brush on Cream Liner True Black
YSL Everlong Waterproof Mascara
Shu Uemura Brown Pencil Seal Brown
Lips
MAC lipliner Spice
Shiseido Maquillage in BR 345
MAC Dazzleglass in Goldyrocks
I must say that these eye shadows aren't waterproof. My eyes got a little teary and to my horror my eye makeup smudged. I'm not sure whether it was the Greasepaint or the eye shadow though.
If you love intense black smokey eye makeup these are a must have!
Ratings: 4 lipsticks

1 comment:

  1. they are indeed lovely! I went to the MAC store this weekend and wanted to snatch the Young Punk, but they were all sold out! Every single color! Everything! The SA told me they weren't that good so I had missed nothing big tho. HAH crazy~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.