Saturday, October 24, 2009

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer 10 Golden Beige Review



With my Giorgio Armani haul, I got to choose two samples. I wanted to try a fluid sheer because I hear that it is really good. I wasn't sure whether 4 Rouge would be too red for me so I decided on a safer bet 10 which is a Golden Beige colour.
There are a total of 10 shades each for various uses such a highlighting, blush and bronzer.
0 Porcelain
1 Golden Sand
2 Shimmering Beige
7 Pale Shimmering Rose
These look good for highlighting.




3 Golden Bronze
4 Rouge
8 Sienna
10 Golden Beige
11 Amber
14 Apricot


Look like great bronzers and blush colours.






Taken from the website:
Fluid sheer dresses skin in an illuminating veil of radiance. This unique, translucent formula is available in a range of versatile hues including makeup base shades, correcting shades, and radiance boosting shades. Blend your favorite fluid sheer with foundation to add radiance, polish and sculpting definition to your complexion. Or use it alone as a makeup base. All skin types.
Perfects, sculpts and illuminates skin. Complete and versatile shade range. Doubles as eye shadow base, blush or bronzer.
Sheer, lightweight texture and coverage application techniques:
Apply with the blender brush to wear alone or mixed with foundation for a boost of radiance and color.
Use on top of foundation for added highlighting and contouring.

Well I have been loving my MAC Lustredrops since I bought it. Well MAC you have a contender. I love how easily this blends out. It gives my cheek bones a subtle radiance and I can see myself wearing this almost everyday. I am beginning to love the glowy skin look. Even though it is touted as a bronzer for my NC35 skintone it is more of a highlighter.
I just need to squeeze a little drop out and dab it onto the tops of my cheeks. I wouldn't mix it with my foundation though, I want my 5 ml sample to last.



Taken in the sunlight.


When blended out.
The two pictures below are my MAC Lustredrop swatches. GA is a more yellow gold whereas MAC is a warmer darker gold.

I have read rants about the product packaging though. The normal sized version comes with a pump. The major rant is that the bottle pumps out way too much product for one use and thus causes wastage. For 58 USD I would definitely want to make each drop count.
I'm not really sure if I would buy a big bottle myself. I'm just getting into highlighters and I think I'd rather finish up my Lustredrops first. But I guess for those who missed out on the Lustredrops, GA is a good albeit expensive alternative.
Karlasugar has beautiful arm swatches, check them out here.
Ratings: 3 lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I am interested in GA fluid sheer, but didn't realize the full size comes in a pump. That WOULD create wastage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I got myself No14 that helps wonderful against redness.
    I must agree with the bottle/dispenser, but the worst thing is still the price. I have a Silk Foundation to mix, and I actually need a Fluid Sheer to brighten up the Foundation in winter. That means I am going to have alot of foundation then :-) but this are 135 Euro - about 180 USD. This is just crazy, honestly!

    Pint is - I have sensitive acne -prone skin and it is the first foundation I can wear that has the right colour and does not cause any breakouts. So I guess I must go through it.

    Kind regards from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I have been wanting to know what No. 14 Apricot looks like. Is it sheer or more of a opaque liquid?

    I really love my fluid sheers. But everytime I squeeze the dispenser, my wallet cries a little. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see the swatches of the other colors, can you please reuploaad them?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.