Monday, October 26, 2009

Benefit Coralista Review


I love my coral blushers more than my pink ones. I'm obsessed with coral blushers.
I think Benefit released Coralista last year, well after reading the review and seeing the swatches, I knew I had to try it out for myself.
Benefit is ridiculously expensive in Singapore. I believe makeup fanatics worth their salt order online as it is much cheaper. Sometimes it can be almost SGD $20 cheaper. As in this case. I haven't been compelled to haul from Benefit although I hear that their Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow / Liner are good. The other Benefit products I own are Benetint, Posietint and Dandelion. So even though I have been wanting to get Coralista I just wasn't compelled.
About a month ago, another online shopping addict pal of mine wanted to order some things from Benefit and so Coralista is now in my possession. I even got a free gloss which I will review later for free. Yippee! I paid only $41 for it, to think it cost almost $60 here in Singapore!



It comes in the standard box. It is made of sturdy cardboard but I always worry when I bring it to the bathroom for touch ups. I'm a klutz and I sometimes drop my stuff into the sink. I would hate for the box to be wet. The name Coralista on the packaging is a sticker that is stuck to the box. I don't like that, I think it will eventually peel off. I like the brush though. You can use the ends to get at the product at the hard to reach corners. It is quite stiff, for this colour just the right stiffness to help apply Coralista nicely.




This is a single swatch. As you can see, it is a pink coral with fine shimmer. It is quite light in color and I realise that I need to layer it on top of another to bring out the color. When applied it gives a glowly look. My friend who bought it as well says that she spots silver shimmer and it emphasizes her open pores. I do agree with her that it emphasizes open pores. I love the slight fragrance in this powder though.


On this swatch, I layered Coralista over Becca Beach Tint in Peach on the right side. It looks darker and more pigmented now. I read on the website that I could use Posietint under it for long lasting wear. I'll be trying that out to see how different it compares with the above swatch.




Taken in the sunlight


I dug out all my coral blushers for a comparison. From left to right, Coralista, NARS Orgasm, MAC Springsheen and MAC Eversun beauty powder. Honestly, NARS Orgasm beats the rest hands down.
I don't know why, maybe it is my coloring, Coralista looks cool on me. I like NARS better because it is more pigmented, one swipe gives me enough colour and the gold shimmers add warmth. I think Coralista would look awesome on fairer ladies but medium to dark tone ladies may choose to skip this.


Taken in sunlight



Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this blush on a FOTD the other day and I was mesmerized how pretty it looked!
    I don't like the box packaging...it gives me the feeling of a cheap stuff costing tens of dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, they could have at least put it in a cute plastic casing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.