Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Benefit California Kissin' Review

My friend was very kind to pass me this free gloss even though I bought only one item from Benefit. I cannot resist free samples. This was a blue shade which I do not have. I'm very curious to see how it looks on my lips.



It has a slanted applicator which makes it really easy to apply. I like that it is non sticky and applies evenly with or without lip balm. It has the nicest minty taste and smell. Quite heavenly! It is also very easy to reapply. My lips were moisturised and smooth, no flaking or peeling.


Well the blue is sheer. I used my Stila lip liner in a nude pink shade to line my lips first. California Kissin' turns it slightly mauve pink with hints of pretty subtle silver glitter. On my lips, it is a lovely nude pink colour, very subtle and natural looking. I don't think it makes my teeth any whiter though as the website claims it would.


Overall, I like this lip gloss, I am glad to get it for free. This would go so well with my current love for smokey eyes. Would I buy it again? I'm not sure, I don't ever buy the same lip gloss twice, I love trying out new stuff too much.
Ratings: 4 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. wow blue! interesting^^ This would make teeth look whiter? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, its meant to make your teeth whiter which is what i need. perfect for over lipsticks or on its own and it doesnt even look blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa, I like layering this over my other lip colours, it changes the colour slightly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.