Tuesday, September 1, 2009

YSL Gloss Volupte Iced Lychee Review


This is part of my YSL review. First item I tried was my Gloss Volupte in 01 Iced Lychee. I kinda regret getting this colour because it is a very sheer light pink. It doesn't show up very well on my lips.
There are altogether 4 shades. 01 Iced Lychee.


02 Chilled Raspberry (sheer bright pink with blue undertones).


03 Frozen Cherry (sheer cherry red)

04 Frozen Plum (sheer deep plum).

Argh! I should have gotten Frozen Cherry instead.

As you can see from the swatched on my hand Iced Lychee is barely visible. I bet it would look better and show up more on fairer ladies. On my lips the shade is my lips but slightly pinker.


Gloss Volupte comes in a very elegant metal gold tube. I like the fact that I don't have to use a wand to apply lip gloss.



I don't mind my lip products to be scented, this gloss has a heavenly mango scent. It is very moisturising so it doesn't last long. Not even after a glass of water. Reapplication is an ease, I have been applying it throughout the day, my lips still feel moisturised and soft.


Taken from the website:


GLOSS VOLUPTÉ Sheer Sensual Gloss Stick SPF 9

Introducing YSL's first gloss stick, combining the femininity and sensuality of a lipstick with the comfort and shine of a gloss. Colorshine complex and Candellila resin result in a transparent, non sticky shine. Thanks to fluid silicones and melting microcrystalline waxes, Gloss Volupté leaves your lips feeling sensual, silky and full of comfort. Pomegranate extract and a delicate Mango fragrance provide a delicious touch of freshness. Available in 4 transparent, mouth-watering shades.

You can get more information
here.

I bought this for SGD $40 but they are selling it for USD $30. Given how crazy I get, I probably will go down to buy Frozen Cherry even if it costs $40.

I love the packaging and the scent, the product itself is very good and does its job well. I wish they were more colours though and that the one I bought had more pigment to it. The price tag however is a big deterrent. $40 for a lip gloss, ouch!


Rating: 2 lipsticks just because it is so expensive and because Frozen Lychee didn't show up on my lips well!
Well I received quite a few free samples from the YSL counter. I know I don't need them so I'm giving them away with each post. So the first give away is this tiny sample of the Matt Touch Compact Foundation. It is only 1.3 grams. Write me a comment in the comments section and please leave a way for me to contact you. I will mail this to the first person who comments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Too bad it didn't show up on you! That's my favourite color of the range >.< Hope Frozen Cherry will look stunning on you!
    You give away the freebies? I'm on it LOL You can reach me any time here: symymary @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.