Friday, September 11, 2009

RMK Creamy Makeup Base Mat Review



I was recently given the Creamy Makeup Base Mat by a really nice SA after I bought the Mystique Cheek blush. RMK is well known in Japan for their base makeup and I was really excited to give this a try.




It comes in 3 shades, 00 is a transparent shade, 01 is a pink beige and 03 is a beige shade.
Taken from the website

The creamy texture blends in smoothly and uniformly, covering troublesome areas, such as open pores, skin unevenness, dullness and color irregularities. RMK Creamy Make up Base Mat covers skin with a super-fine veil that leaves a natural bare looking matte finish.
I was given shade 00 which looks whitish in the tube but when blended becomes transparent. Upon application, my face is matt and smooth. It fills up my pores and helped my foundation go on smoothly.
For experimentation sake, I tried it under two of my foundations. Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk foundation and Chanel's Pro Lumiere. Unfortunately, when it comes to helping my face stay matt, this falls short. It had to blot my face after 2 hours of wear. Unlike MAC's Prep and Prime and GA's Fluid Master which helped me to stay virtually oil free for more than 8 hours of wear. What a disappointment!
Ratings: 2 lipsticks.

2 comments:

  1. Hellow!

    I love your site, It is a pleasure to visit.

    I have added your site to my site.

    Please link my site to your site.

    Thank you!

    http://cosmelovelove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, is there any way to read your blog in English, I don't read Japanese. I linked you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.