Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Korres Organic Lemon Lip Scrub Review


I find a lip scrub extremely useful in getting rid of dry or peeling skin on my lips and maintaining soft and healthy lips. This ensures that you will be able to apply your lip gloss or lipstick evenly. It also makes your lips look better.


If you do not want to buy a lip scrub, you can always use a soft baby toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips too.


Korres Organic Lip Scrub is the second lip scrub I have tried so far.


Taken from the Korres website:


Properties Gentle yet effective exfoliating lip treatment that prepares lips for long-lasting lip color. Lips are left soft and nourished due to the soothing botanical ingredients. Flavor is invigorating, fresh squeezed lemon. • Rice powder, a natural exfoliating agent, gently resurfaces the skin revealing soft, supple lips. • Proprietary blend of coconut flour, jojoba seed oil and beeswax moisturize and condition lips.






I enjoy using this lip scrub, the rice powder gives it a grainy texture but it is not too rough on the lips. I go over this twice on my lips and then use a tissue to wipe it off. Then I apply a generous layer of Rosebud Lip Salve before I go to bed. The next day, my lips are baby soft.


This cost USD $19 for 0.12 oz.


The other lip scrub worth mentioning is Lipscuff from The Body Shop. This was my very first foray into lip exfoliation. This lip scrub is rougher and not as enjoyable to use but it does get its job done.






Taken from The Body Shop website.


Best if you want to: Say goodbye to dry, chapped lips and prep your pucker for lipstick by removing dead skin cells.


Best for: all skin types, but especially dry, chapped lips.


What it is designed to do:
Crushed fig stone granules help to gently remove dead skin cells.
Macadamia nut oil moisturizes while peppermint oil provides a naturally refreshing menthol scent.
Moisturizing Community Trade marula oil from Namibia leaves lips soft and supple.
Organic Community Trade beeswax from Zambia moisturizes and conditions skin.


This cost USD $12 for 0.14 oz.


So as price point goes the lipscuff from the Body Shop is a better buy since both work equally well. But if you want a little more luxury I would suggest Korres.


Korres lipscrub 4 lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.