Thursday, September 10, 2009

Korres Cherry Oil Lip gloss review

I'm not sure why but recently I've been a lip gloss maniac. These are my recent additions, Korres Cherry Oil Lip gloss in Orange (top) and Coral (bottom). I was at the newly opened Korres store in Ion. Korres had a 30% discount on their website so I went down to compare prices and do some swatching. I fell in love with both Coral and Orange so so those were immediately put into my Korres shopping cart. I waited patiently for them to arrive and now they are here.
Taken from the website
Properties

Long-lasting, creamy, semi-sheer formulas in wearable and vibrant shades. Go natural with NEW naked shades! • Cherry Oil moisturizes lips, prolonging the wear and giving a high-shine, non-sticky finish • The natural active Jojoba Oil smooths fine lines and deeply hydrates the lips • Potent antioxidant Vitamin C and E prevent free radical damage and repair the lips

Cherry Oil Lip glosses come in 13 shades. You can view them
here.
These lip glosses come with a stiff doe foot applicator that does its job of applying lip gloss to your lips evenly. I love the textures of these lip glosses. Better than Dior's Gloss Reflect which simply slid and slided all over my lips when I applied lip balm before hand. These lip glosses and not tacky and they apply so well on my lips. They stay put. They are slightly scented with cherries. Very pleasant. They aren't long lasting but do survive a sip of water but not a full meal. They are moisturising too. My lips still feel soft and moisturised after usage. Reapplication was easy. If I were to compare these with my recent YSL's Gloss Volupte purchase I would say that Korres has better pigmentation but Gloss Volupte is glossier and feels like heaven on the lips.
Orange (left) is a sheer orange whereas Coral (left) is darker. They are sheer colors with minimal shimmer. Coral has more visible gold shimmer but they are still not visible on my lips.
I received this sample in Fuchsia. The color looks really strong and I'm not sure I can pull it off. Perhaps it will come out a sheer cherry pink.

These lip glosses sell for USD $16. They cost a whopping $30 in Singapore. If the 30% discount is still on at the website, they are really worth picking up.
Ratings: 5 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.