Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shiseido Maquillage Lip Swatches

I have quite a few lipsticks and glosses. You now how it is when you buy a new lipstick or gloss, that becomes the new love of your life and you tend to neglect your old ones? Well I do that all the time. Once I get a new lip product I use it till I get the next.

I've been trying to be good and give equal love to all my makeup. I've been trying my best to rotate all my lip stuff and yes throw the ones that are really too old and yucky for use.

I recently took out my Shiseido Maquillage lippies and rediscovered my love for them. The Japanese really know how to make great lip products.

Maquillage is part of the Shiseido company. Maquillage is found in many Asian countries but not in the west. Not sure why. Price range is in fact slightly higher that Shiseido. Each of my lipgloss cost me about $40 if I'm not mistaken.

You can check out the website and view their products here.

Their makeup line is catergorised into two parts. Base makeup and point makeup (color). They change their makeup line quite frequently and there are no permanent items, so these few products I've swatched probably can't be found anymore. :(
The three on the left hand side are glosses, the two shorter ones with a metallic cover are sheer lipsticks and the last one to the right is a cream lipstick.


Lets talk about the glosses first. They are not tacky at all but they don't last very long on the lips. They are moisturising and stays well on the lips, they don't slip and slide around. I usually apply my Rosebud Salve on my lips while I prep my skin. When it is time to aply my lipgloss, I wipe of the lip salve. This keeps my lips soft and smooth and helps my lip glosses stay put. They have a really unique delivery system. No wands here instead the lip gloss is made to look like a lipstick. The gloss comes out of holes found on the slanted tip. You twist the bottom and the lipgloss comes out.

The shades are as follows, RD354, RD658 and RD457. Japanese lip colour codes generally go like this, RD stands for reddish tones, BE for beige, BR for brown, PK for pink and RS which for the life of me I don't know what it stands for. All the glosses have very fine glitter particles that you don't feel on your lips. I love the red one best!

I generally prefer sheer lipsticks to full on cream versions. I like these two colours because I can match them with anything. They are very moisturising so I don't get peeling lips when I wear these. Check out the lovely overspray on both the pink and beige lip stick. Aren't they gorgeous. I'm not sure how but both lipsticks give a really gorgeous light reflecting sheen to them.

Left to right. RD329, BR345 and RD379. The one on my right is a pink cream colour. I don't really like this particular though. It can be quite drying and unflattering after a few hours of wear. Reapplication is somewhat difficult.

Anyway Maquillage has just released their collecton in collaboration with designer Alexander Wang. These lipsticks look nice. They are called Moisture Rouge (Sheer Type) with features 9 shades. Other really interesting products are the Face Creator which consists of blush, highlight, contour and illuminating shades for the face. These comes in 4 types. Their eyeshadow palettes are also very nice although somewhat boring. If you like neutral eye colours, I bet you like the shades.

2 comments:

  1. RD329 looks really pretty! I don't like deep colors, they look horrible on me. Too bad RD379 is not as good in quality. It looks lovely >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary If you want I can send you RD 379 and you can try it for yourself if you don't mind used lipsticks. I clean it up. The colour just doesn't suit me and I hate having unloved makeup lying around in the house.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.