Friday, July 3, 2009

Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow


If you are always in a hurry to get out the door and you don't have the time to take your time to do your eye makeup. I would like to suggest trying Clinique's Quick Eyes Cream Shadow. They have been around for quite some time. They are truly a busy girl's best friends.

This is taken from the Clinique website:
Have a beautiful eye day, all day. Light, velvety cream glides on vibrant colour that wears up to 10 hours, stays beautifully crease-proof and colour true. In pearly shades from subtle to high-lustre. Ophthalmologist tested.


Dot lightly or sweep eye shadow applicator across lid to build colour. Blend with applicator or fingertip to desired intensity, from sheer to full. Wear alone or layer with other shades. Expert Tip: Use a lighter shade as wear-extending primer for your favourite powder shadows.



For days when I'm not bothered with applying complicated eye makeup with many colours, I just use the doe foot applicator and dab some product on my eyes. I use my my finger and gently dab to make sure that I have an even finish. Within second they dry to a powder finish.

The colours I have are Rock Violet, a muted silvery violet and Kiwi, a gold kiwi green. Clinique has a total of nine shades. Kiwi unfortunately is not one of them, I'm not sure why.


The nine shades are:


Sparkling Nude: Soft Nude with Gold Shimmer (I think this will be a great base colour)
Rock Violet
Cocoa Shimmer: Warm shimmery brown
Sea Shell: Taupey beige with soft shimmer
Starlit Pink: Golden shimmery pink
Lucky Penny: Muted bronze with hint of pink
Muffin: Muted shimmery golden bronze
Truffle: Shimmery taupey grey
Sunlit Palm: Soft forest green with gold shimmer




These colours aren't super bright so they are work safe. For girls who want to try a little colour in their eye colour palette will find these easy to handle. I do hope Clinique will introduce more new colours. Preferably bolder, brighter ones.


These eye shadows are smudge and crease proof. They last for a long time. I find that adding a little eye shadow primer beforehand lengthens their staying power. You can even layer powder eye shadows over them.


I love using these on little makeup days.


These go for $15 USD at the Clinique online store. At Singapore counters, they sell for $30 SGD. If you are able to buy them from Clinique online, I think you would make some decent savings, especially if they have a friends and family discount promotion.


Another great product to get from Clinique is Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips. I will do a more in depth review of that another day.




Ratings: 5 lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.