Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Black Eye Liner Swatches and Comparisons

I always had a problem with eye makeup staying on my lids. I have oily lids and my eyes tend to water at the beginning of the day. Imagine my frustration after spending time on my eye makeup, going to work and discovering that part of the eye makeup disappeared due to teary eyes. It is very annoying.


What I do to stop this is have a tissue handy. The moment I start yawning and begin to tear, I dab and soak up the tears before it can destroy my makeup. I also make sure I look for waterproof makeup.

I have tried a few eye liners that promise that they are water proof. These are three that work better for me.




Top to bottom: Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in True Black, MAC Liquid Last in Point Black and MAC Fluidline Black Track.


I love Clinique's liner best. It is a cream liner that dries almost instantly. It does not smudge and is waterproof. When I swatched these three liners, I could feel how creamy and smooth it applied as compared to Blacktrack which is a gel eye liner.


Point Black is waterproof. So good that it is very hard to remove even with oil based makeup removers. Unfortunately, they are really difficult to apply. I hate the brush that comes with it. They take time to dry. As you can see from the picture, it is still drying. This is something you need to take your time to apply, not when you are in a rush.
Below is a comparison swatch I made with the only two Liquid Last I own. Blue Herizon and Point Black. I love the colour but they are so hard to work with.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I was contemplating getting Point Black, but I agree it seems quite difficult to work with. xx Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, if you like I can send you mine you you don't mind tryiong out a used one. If you like it you can buy a new Point Black. I don't use it anymore, so its lying there gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.