Sunday, June 28, 2009

Jill Stuart Jelly Lip Gloss in Melty Nector

Jill Stuart has two different kinds of lip gloss. Lip lusters and jelly lip glosses. There are altogether 13 different jelly lip gloss colours.

You can't get this at Adam Beauty. But you can find the whole range at both Gooddealer and Ichibankao. Of course Gooddealer sells it for 169 HKD ( SGD 31.83). Ichibankao sell is for USD 31.20 (SGD 45.99)

Picture taken from Ichibankao:

As you can see this is a tube packaging. It has a slanted tip for application and features a oh so cute cap with a pretty pink rhinestone.


I was pretty bummed out when I saw the actual colour and how it swatched on my hand. I wanted something with more pigmentation. I should have gone for Apricot Sorbet or Venus Flash instead.

I tested it out today. First I applied Rosebud lip salve over my lips. After bloting that I used my Stila lip liner in 01 (a flesh pink) to line my lips. I then applied Melty Nector over it.

Jelly lip glosses are a little tacky. Once applied, I smacked my lips a little to get the gloss to settle. It didn't survive lunch so it isn't long lasting. It also has a slight floral scent. There is low level shimmer that isn't obvious. I notice that your lips must be in tip top condition before applying this gloss. That means make sure you have exfoliated your lips and moisturised them well beforehand . No chapped lips. Jelly lipgloss on chapped lips are really nasty.

If you like nude lips, Melty Nector would be something you will like. Overall, I don't mind the texture and scent but prefer something with more colour.


Ratings: 1 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.