Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kiehl's Haul

I am doing three reviews on the latest items I have acquired from Kiehl's. I like Kiehl's products because they produce highly effective products made from natural ingredients. I also support their recycling program. Bring in your Kiehl's empties and you can get free samples of their products.

http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/home/index.aspx

I always have had problematic skin. It is very oily and I'm prone to getting acne especially during my periods. I like using makeup and use a cleansing oil to remove my makeup. I practice double cleansing and after cleansing oil I use another cleanser to make sure my skin is squeaky clean.I decided to try the Blue Herbal Gel cleanser because I was making use of the friends and family discount last year. After checking reviews, this was one of the favourites by MUAers (Makeupalley users). I'm finishing my second bottle and have put an order for my third.


Taken from the website:

Oil-free
Non-drying
Inspired by Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion®
Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment with Extracts of Cinnamon Bark and Ginger Root
Helps keep skin clear of new acne blemishes
Not tested on animals

Key ingredients include:

Cinnamon Bark Extract is taken from the dried bark of cultivated trees and is considered to be of much higher quality than extract derived from from leaves. It contains an essential oil that is not only recognized for its soothing effects, but is also known to have antibacterial propeties.

Ginger Root Extract provides gingerols that are known to have soothing properties. It also helps to absorbs excess oil.

This cleanser doesn't foam much but does an effective job of cleansing my face. I need only about a 20 cent coin size of product to effectively cleanse my face. It is gentle on my skin, it controls my oily skin but does not dry it out.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Singapore ladies who like Kiehl's, I strongly suggest you order from www.kiehls.com. I made a price comparison. At local counters, the 250 ml of the blue herbal gel cleanser costs $42, the same bottle costs $20.50 USD online. That is about $30 SGD. If you buy more items you make big savings.

I've been checking out Cozy Cot and MUA to look out for favourites that I can try. The Over-night Biological Peel was one of them.



Taken from the website:

This Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate is formulated with a high concentration of 10.5% Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) known for its affinity with skin and its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. With continued use over time, this treatment has a significant and progressive effect on marionette lines around the mouth and sub-orbital wrinkles in the eye area as well as other facial lines and wrinkles. In addition, skin shows a noticeable improvement in texture and radiance.

This is suitable for ladies with the following skin concerns.

Skin texture appears dull and ruddy
Skin is sensitive to chemical treatments yet requires additional exfoliation
Skin demonstrates free-radical and photo-damage
Dark spots and/or hyper-pigmentation are visible on skin


I'm especially interested in the reducing of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. My Sundays by the beach and running have caused sun spots to appear under my eye area. I'm hoping to reduce these sun spots and acne scarring.

Key ingredients include:

Vitamin C known for its affinity with skin and its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. 10.5% of Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) is the key ingredient in the Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions product Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate.

I apply this twice a week after work. After removing my makeup and cleansing my face, I apply a thin layer of this on my face, taking care that it is not aplied near my eyes. It takes about 3 minutes of it to dry. Then I go about my business. I wash it off in the morning with warm water. I haven't seen significant improvements yet though. Guess I will need to use it for a long period of time before I can tell the difference.

The last item to be review is the Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate. I have been using the Cryste Marine Firming Eye Treatment. I am being to be concerned about having fine lines around my eyes and darker undereye circles. I wanted something that could target more of my growing concerns.


Taken from the website:
This line-reducing concentrate is formulated for the eye area and contains a high concentration of 10.5% Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) known for its affinity with skin and its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. With Haloxyl, this formula helps to reduce the appearance of under-eye dark circles, helping to brighten the overall eye area for a fresher appearance. With continued use, our treatment helps address some of the more serious signs of skin aging with a significant effect on sub-orbital wrinkles and crows feet. A high dosage of Vitamin C, when applied topically, has been shown to have a multitude of positive effects on the skin's appearance. Kiehl's chemists found a way to formulate and stabilize Pure Vitamin C at high levels in a safe and highly efficacious form to maximize the benefits of the ingredient.
Key ingredients include:
Bitter orange possesses a complex chemical makeup. Of particular value is the oil that is extracted from the petal of the bitter orange tree and is particularly effective at stimulating cutaneous tone. Bitter Orange is also known as Bigarade Orange or Neroli.
This new, patented ingredient improves skin around the eye area by stimulating natural enzymes that help strengthen under-eye area capillaries. Studies demonstrate the effectiveness of Haloxyl™ and its ability to increase skin density to better support the microvascular network in eye area skin and alleviate inflammation.
Known for its affinity with skin and its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. 10.5% of Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) is the key ingredient in the Kiehl’s Dermatologist Solutions product Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate.
I apply this morning and night. I find that it stings just a little upon application so at the moment I'm bearing with it. The gel consistency is light but moisturising. I do notice that my undereye circles appear lighter. Other than that I don't see much of a difference as yet so I can't honestly say that it is effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.